Software apps and online services
We aim to create a product that can reduce farmers' workload on feeding and maintaining the farm animals by automating the process and thus freeing up time spent on it.
How do we create a solution to automatically feed farm animals and maintain their health while reducing human intervention?
research on animal health:
- An increase in their body temperature by 0.5 to 3.5° C may lead to heat stress which will cause production losses in livestock and impact on their ability to maintain normal function.
- Harder to meet the demand of livestock products
- Farmers would lose money
Research on Farms
- Rapid human population growth, urbanization, and growing incomes would result to a higher demand in livestock products.
- More live stocks would have to be farmed in order to meet these demands.
- Over the past 50 years, meat production has more than tripled. The world now produces more than 340 million tonnes of meat each year.
- Farmers would have a harder time keeping track with all the animals.
Part 1: Animal Sorter
The RFID tag on the animals collar will make the divider to open the door to the animals designated area.
Animal Feeder and temperature detector
Firstly, the RFID tag on the animal will contain information on how much food a particular animal. A cow need food weighing 3-4% of its body weight. So the feeder will automatically calculate the amount of food needed and it will dispense it accordingly. Secondly, The ENV sensor will detect the temperature of the animal when it is eating to ensure that the animal is healthy. Using the sheep as a example, If its temperature is above its normal range of 38.3-39.9°Celsius, it could suffer from heat stress. so when the temperature of a animal is above normal levels, a buzzer will sound to indicate the animal is sick. Otherwise the buzzer would not sound.
The food storage system will have a Time of Flight sensor which will detect the food levels. When the sensor is blocked, the led will tun green which shows that there is food. When the sensor is not blocked, the led will turn red which shows there is no food.
Food Dispenser, Temperature Detector, Food Level Detector