Do you have trouble finding Jello or Chocolate that you put in the fridge and simply disappeared when you want to eat it?
Let's fighting the fridge thief with fridge thieve detector
The project is part of m5stack Home Automation contest. The idea is simple, I would like to create Home Automation unit with something intelligent. So I combine M5StickV for its intelligence and M5StickC for Communications, with a little help from YUN hat to make it every day fridge magnet.
Basically, It can...
- Tell Time
- Tell Temperature
- Tell Humidity
- Tell Air Pressure
- Face Detection
- Line Notification
M5StickV simply doesn't have communication functionalities. So we need to connect it with m5StickC to enable WIFI communication to send notification to LINE when thief detected.
M5StickV can be connected to M5StickC via UART connector
- M5StickV: GPIO 34 (RX) <--> M5StickC: GPIO 32 (TX)
- M5StickV: GPIO 35 (TX) <--> M5StickC: GPIO 33 (RX)
- Download Project from https://github.com/iyawat/Line-Fridge-Thief-m5StickV-Yun
- Change SSID, password to your WIFI
- Change token to your LINE Notification Token (Details on https://engineering.linecorp.com/en/blog/using-line-notify-to-send-messages-to-line-from-the-command-line/)
- Burn to M5StickC
- Open MaixPy IDE
- use code in face_detection_connect-M5StickC.py
- Connect to m5StickV
- Have fun !! .. :)
- Face Detection on Maixpy IDE
The same idea can be used for object or face detection with different AI modules. It can also be used as door access control with face recognition... :)