Shoe Box Stock Counter
⁃ We aim to provide a system that quicken the process of checking stocks as well as keeping the stocks safe in the storeroom
things used in this project :
Hardware components :
⁃ ToF sensor
⁃ RFID sensor
Software apps and online services :
⁃ m5stack ui flow
Hand tools & fabrication machine:
⁃ foam board
We were given a tasked to solve issues relating to retail or environment. Of course we chose to solve problems relating to retail. This is because we wanted to create something that will benefit both the retail workers and customers.
During our discussion, all of us knew that we wanted to design products that will quicken the process of checking stocks during peak hours.
Therefore, as a team, agreed that we will design a product that not only the staff is able to check stocks but also keep the stock safe and secure.
How did we make the Shoe box Shoe Counter?
With the usage of m5stack and sensors such as ToF and RFID sensors, we are able to come out with a Shoe box StockCounter system that can be use in retail stores.
How does the Shoe box Shoe Counter works?
With just a tap of ID cards on the m5stack, the screen of the m5stack will show “Access Denied” or “Access Granted” . For Access Denied, it is to secure the shoe boxes as the entry of unauthorised people are not allowed. However, for “Access Granted”, authorised people such as staff are able to enter as well as check the level of shoe boxes in the storeroom.
Problems we faced during this project:
1. Insufficient materials : Many of necessary materials needed for this project are not provided which led us to borrow materials from other groups
2. Not knowing what to do : Everyone had their own idea which led us having difficulties to finalise our final project together.
What have learned from this :
1. We should have make a thorough research before deciding on our final project to understand limitations of our project.
2. We learned to compromise and work together.
3. Finally, through this project, we are able to understand how the materials such as m5stack & sensors can work in a real world context