Software apps and online services
In this project we will learn how to display a random color on the NeoPixels LED Ring using a M5StickC ESP32 board.
Watch the Video.
- M5StickC ESP32
- NeoPixels LED Ring (In this project we use a LedRing with 12 LED Pixels but you can use any other if you want)
- Visuino software: Download Visuino here: https://www.visuino.eu
- Connect StickC pin 5V to LedRing pin VCC
- Connect StickC pin GND to LedRing pin GND
- Connect StickC pin G26 to LedRing pin DI
Start Visuino as shown in the first picture Click on the "Tools" button on the Arduino component (Picture 1) in Visuino When the dialog appears, select "M5 Stack Stick C" as shown on Picture 2
- Add "NeoPixels" component
- Add "Random Color" component
- Double click on the "NeoPixels1"In the properties window set the number of the led pixels on your LED Ring, in our case its 12. So set "Count Pixels" to 12
- Close the Pixel Groups window.
- Connect "M5 Stack Stick C" Button pin M5 to "RandomColor1" pin clock
- Connect "RandomColor1" pin Out to "NeoPixels1" > Color1> pin color.
- Connect "NeoPixels1" pin Out to "M5 Stack Stick C" pin GPIO 26
In Visuino, at the bottom click on the "Build" Tab, make sure the correct port is selected, then click on the "Compile/Build and Upload" button.
If you power the M5StickC moduleand click on the Orange button M5, the LED Ring will display a random color, then click the M5 button again to change the color.
Congratulations! You have completed your project with Visuino. Also attached is the Visuino project, that I created for this tutorial, you can download it and open it in Visuino: https://www.visuino.eu